“The dream is free but the hustle is sold separately”
If you’re interested in becoming a creative artist, designer or entrepreneur and you’ve never considered acquiring animation skills, here are 3 very, very good reasons why you should;
1. Increased internet usage in Nigeria has effectively tripled the demand for online marketing videos by Nigerian brands and businesses. Since animation has proven to be the most effective tool for developing these videos, Animators are now more in demand than ever. Every single month here at Elfworks, we get fresh requests from businesses who want animated product videos to help them sell their products and services. And among the companies we work with, a number of the bigger businesses are now hunting for staff animators to help them develop videos for their social media channels on a consistent basis.
2. In the past 3 years, the fast growth in online video viewing trends among Nigerians has sparked a huge demand for web-based educational videos. And as it happens, animation happens to be the primary tool for developing the visual simulations in these e-learning videos. According to Forbes, the global e-learning market is projected to hit $105 billion in 2015. How much of that value do you want?
3. Finally, the market for Nigerian entertainment has recently hit an all time high. According to Fortune magazine, the Nigerian film and movie market is currently valued at $3 billion. And as the massive popularity of the AREA! animated series has demonstrated, there’s a huge but unmet demand for animated films and shows within this market. Do you think you have what it takes to develop the next hit animated series? If yes, then you should come and get the necessary skills.
On the other hand, if you were already considering a career in Animation but didn’t know where to get the best training, here are 2 more reasons why our Animation Basics Course is the best possible way to get started;
1. In the past 3 years, we’ve developed world class animated videos for some of Nigeria’s biggest brands. These videos have gone on to become some of the most viral marketing videos on the Nigerian webspace. Don’t take our word for it, see here and here.
2. We provide the animation work for Nigeria’s most popular animated series, The Area Show.
If you’re thinking about how we could possibly teach a complete newbie like you some serious Animation skills, then take a look at the curriculum we’ve lined up for you;
- Animation basics (history, techniques, formats)
- Concept art and design
- Storyboarding and Shot Analysis
- Object animation basics (shape, squash and stretch, motion, timing)
- Character animation basics (shapes, squash and stretch, motion, secondary motion, timing)
- 2D animation basics (cels, frames/sec, Toonboom)
- 3D animation basics (modeling, splines, paths, 3DMax)
- Animation sound (voice recording, sound effects, sound design)
- Compositing and editing (After Effects, Premiere)
- Animated Storytelling for the Nigerian audience.
- Emerging Business and Career applications for Animation skills within the Nigerian economy.
The Animation Basics Course will run for 4 weeks with 3 classes taking place each week.
Session 1 of the course kicks off on the 18th of November, 2015.
Venue: Training Hall, Commercial Avenue, Yaba, Lagos
Course fee: N125,000.00
Before the course kicks off on the 18th of November, There will be a free hangout session at the training centre on Saturday, the 14th of November, where the Elfworks Animation training team will meet with everyone who fills the online form.
At this hangout, the Elfworks team will give you a brief outline of what you’ll be learning during the 4 week course and will answer questions about their project experiences as well as any other concerns you might have.
Please note that the window for paying the course fee will be open only from the 14th to the 18th of November and only the first 15 candidates who make payment within this window will be accepted for the course.
We know you’ve got more questions, and we can begin answering them once you fill out the registration form below. Please understand that filling the form doesn’t mean that you’re automatically locked into attending the course! It just means that you now have direct access to us and that we can begin providing answers to all your questions by email and over the phone.
However, if you’d like to know a bit more before filling out the form, you can talk to Douglas right now – 0803 418 9376.
Click on the button below to fill the form and let’s get started!